Hynish Update November 2023
The Hynish Trust – community ownership update and business opportunity
The Hynish project has been progressing in many ways over the past 6 months and we’re in great shape to make the move to our Tiree Community ownership in 2024.
To get to this point, we have opened up the Lighthouse Shore Station in the following ways during the summer season [with some activities continuing to run over winter]:
• Short term accommodation for seasonal workers was launched and 7 local businesses have benefited from housing their staff.
• Tiree Trust Youth Work Officer Willie MacKinnon ran multiple weekly games on the beach for the local children and visiting families.
• The Hynish Exhibition attracted a lot of interest and visitors, who have generously donated.
• The Alan Stevenson House pilot to use the space as a restaurant with rooms has been a success – attracting both locals and visitors.
• The Old Storehouse was taken over by Screen Argyll and has hosted many films, workshops and events.
Tiree community input is needed
The Hynish Trust will belong to us all and we have 2 key areas we’d love you to consider:
Articles of Association
A draft set of ‘Articles’ are available for you to view and comment on here until 15 December 2023. This is a formal document that will ensure the new community owned Hynish has its own objectives. As part of this process the name will now be The Hynish Trust.
Bring your expertise to The Hynish Trust board
We’re looking for new “on island” Trustees who will be responsible for taking The Hynish Trust forward on behalf of the Tiree community. If you’re interested, please download the application pack:
- Trustee Recruitment Brief
- Hynish Trust Draft Articles of Association
- The Hynish Trust Vision, Values and Objectives
- Hynish Feasibility Study (Feb_2023)
- Hynish Development Plan
- OSCR Guide For Trustees
and submit your expression of interest by the 12th of January 2024.
Alan Stevenson House Business Opportunity
We are pleased to invite business proposals for the operation of the heritage property Alan Stevenson House, Hynish, Isle of Tiree.
Please find below application documents:
- ASH01 BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY PROPOSAL INVITATION
- ASH002 ASH PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS
- ASH003 ASH SCORING CRITERIA
- ASH004 THE HYNISH TRUST VISION, VALUES & OBJECTIVES
- ASH005 BUSINESS PLAN TEMPLATE BG23
- ASH0005b BUSINESS PLAN GUIDE BG23
- ASH006 CONTACT DETAILS AND CHECKLIST
- ASH007 INVENTORY
- ASH008 CONDITION SURVEY DEC 23
Closing date for submissions is the 5th of January 2024.